Star Wars: X-Wing is a Star Wars Legends novel series written by authors Michael A. Stackpole and Aaron Allston. The series consists of ten novels that were published by Bantam Spectra and Del Rey between 1996 and 2012.
Novels[edit | edit source]
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron (January 1, 1996)
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble (May 2, 1996)
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (September 1, 1996)
- X-Wing: The Bacta War (January 1, 1997)
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron (February 2, 1998)
- X-Wing: Iron Fist (July 6, 1998)
- X-Wing: Solo Command (February 2, 1999)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge (April 13, 1999)
- X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar (August 3, 1999)
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill (August 7, 2012)
Development[edit | edit source]
The Star Wars: X-Wing series was envisioned as "Star Wars meets Top Gun." The first four books by Michael A. Stackpole relate the events of the New Republic strike to retake the Imperial capital of Coruscant, and the machinations of Ysanne Isard to bring about the New Republic's defeat.
The next three books all serve as standalone stories. Isard's Revenge overlaps with the end of The Last Command and recounts the conflict between the New Republic and Ciutric Hegemony. Unlike the previous books in the series, it has many connections with the Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron comic series and serves as an informal epilogue to some of the plot from that series.
Starfighters of Adumar has an entirely self-contained plot. It tells of a New Republic mission to the neutral world of Adumar to negotiate its entry into the New Republic.
Mercy Kill is set over thirty years after the previous books and features both new and returning characters. It is a return to Wraith Squadron and the team investigates a corrupt general.