Star Wars 12 is the twelfth issue of the Legends comic book series Star Wars. It was written by Archie Goodwin, illustrated by Carmine Infantino and Terry Austin, and first published by Marvel Comics on March 14, 1978. It features the story "Doomworld!," in which Luke Skywalker and his droid companions find themselves stranded on the waterworld of Drexel.
- "Whatever they are, Threepio, they're armed—and opening fire on those sea monsters with us caught in the middle!"
- ―Luke Skywalker
Luke Skywalker and the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 are stranded on the water world Drexel. While floating in their escape pod, they are caught in the middle of a battle between the sea-dragons, ridden by the Dragon Lords, and the hydra craft, piloted by Governor Quarg's men. The combatants are battling for the prize of Luke's wrecked ship, as anything mechanical is a rare commodity on the ocean-covered planet. The battle ends in a standoff, but Luke and the droids are captured by the skimmer pilots and brought back to their base, where Luke tries to convince Quarg that the droids would be more useful to them intact than stripped down for parts.
Meanwhile, Han Solo is leading Crimson Jack and his gang of pirates to the Drexel system under the pretense that there is treasure to be found, but the pirates become suspicious when they arrive and the only planet in the system is entirely covered in water.
- UPC 071486028178; March 14, 1978; Marvel Comics; First printing
- (No UPC); September 29, 2015; Marvel Comics; Digital edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 1: Doomworld
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
Notes and references
- (On-sale date is noted in backup link.)
- The events of Star Wars 12 take place after the Battle of Yavin and prior to the events of Star Wars (1977) 25, which include the Yavin blockade. Since The Essential Chronology dates the Yavin blockade to 0 ABY, the events of Star Wars 12 must also occur in that year.