Star Wars 16 is the sixteenth issue of the Legends comic book series Star Wars. It was written by Archie Goodwin, illustrated by series guest artists Walt Simonson and Bob Wiacek, and first published by Marvel Comics on July 25, 1978. It features the story "The Hunter!," which introduces bounty hunter Beilert Valance as he tracks down Luke Skywalker.
Beilert Valance, bounty hunter and droid hater, leads his mercenary gang on a merciless attack of Anglebay Station on Telos IV. There, they find Don-Wan Kihotay, who recounts his adventure with the Star-Hoppers of Aduba-3. The gang mistakes the Star-Hoppers for the group of Rebels who destroyed the Death Star, thinking the young farm boy Jimm Doshun is actually Luke Skywalker. Thinking of the huge reward for capturing the boy who destroyed the Empire's greatest weapon, as well as the personal enjoyment of punishing someone who favors droids, Valance immediately sets off to find the boy. Jaxxon and Amaiza Foxtrain find out about his plan and go to Aduba-3 to warn Jimm that the bounty hunters are after him. A battle ensues when the gang arrives, and most of them are killed during the fight with the three Star-Hoppers. It is only then that Valance, the lone survivor of his gang, realizes that he was after the wrong boy the whole time, but he escapes by using the blaster built into his cybernetic arm, taking the others by surprise and leaving the planet in his ship Kill Switch.
- UPC 071486028178; July 25, 1978; Marvel Comics; First printing
- (No UPC); September 29, 2015; Marvel Comics; Digital edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 1: Doomworld
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends: Forever Crimson
- "Comic Marvels"—Star Wars Insider 91
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle, Updated Edition
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- The Marvel Art of Star Wars
Notes and references
- (On-sale date is noted in backup link.)
- The events of Star Wars 16 take place after the Battle of Yavin and prior to the events of Star Wars (1977) 25, which include the Yavin blockade. Since The Essential Chronology dates the Yavin blockade to 0 ABY, the events of Star Wars 16 must also occur in that year.