Star Wars 18 is the eighteenth issue of the Legends comic book series Star Wars. It was written by Archie Goodwin, illustrated by Carmine Infantino and Gene Day, and first published by Marvel Comics on September 26, 1978. It features the story "The Empire Strikes!," in which the Heroes of Yavin arrive at the Wheel, a nefarious space station associated with the House of Tagge.
While training on board the Millennium Falcon, Luke Skywalker falls into a deep and mysterious trance. As Han Solo, Leia Organa, and Chewbacca pilot the Falcon toward medical help, they stumble across the remains of a House of Tagge merchant ship. They discover a surviving Rebel soldier who tells them that the Tagge ship was actually attacked by Imperials, but it was made to look like Rebels had destroyed the craft. The Imperial cruiser of Commander Strom soon arrives on the scene intending to capture the Falcon and her crew, but Han pilots their escape to the relative safety of the Wheel. Strom sends his troops to follow, but is soon contacted by the Wheel's administrator Simon Greyshade, who reminds the Imperial commander that the Wheel is supposed to be free of interference from the Empire. Strom then claims that these Rebels are responsible for the attack on the House of Tagge ship which was carrying profits from the Wheel, at which point Greyshade relents and allows the Imperials onto the Wheel's lower levels to catch the Rebels.
- UPC 071486028178; September 26, 1978; Marvel Comics; First printing
- (No UPC); September 29, 2015; Marvel Comics; Digital edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 1: Doomworld
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
Notes and references
- (On-sale date is noted in backup link.)
- The events of Star Wars 18 take place after the Battle of Yavin and prior to the events of Star Wars (1977) 25, which include the Yavin blockade. Since The Essential Chronology dates the Yavin blockade to 0 ABY, the events of Star Wars 18 must also occur in that year.