- "I am Sister Domina... priestess in the Order of the Sacred Circle. We have risked violating the Imperial blockade to seek your council... and, perhaps, your aid."
- ―Domina Tagge
Star Wars 35: Dark Lord's Gambit is the thirty-fifth issue in the Marvel Star Wars series of comics.
Darth Vader finally learns the name of the boy who destroyed the Death Star I, and sets a plan in motion to get his revenge. He enlists the aid of General Ulric Tagge as well as his younger sister Sister Domina Tagge to help him in the endeavor. Domina is a member of the Order of the Sacred Circle who have thus far remained neutral in the Galactic Civil War, but that will soon change and each side in the conflict will send a single envoy to Monastery to present his case. Vader is to represent the Galactic Empire and Domina ensures that the Rebels would send Luke Skywalker as their representative. However, Leia and Han travel to the system in the Millennium Falcon and orbit Monastery and monitor Luke's activities through R2-D2 who accompanied Luke on the mission. While Luke thinks he may be in over his head on this diplomatic mission, Domina reassures him even though her true intentions are revenge for Luke's involvement in the apparent death of Orman Tagge.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Behind the scenes
Vader discovers that it was "Luke" Skywalker who destroyed the Death Star. Up until this point both chronologically and as part of the publishing schedule, Vader was only aware that "Skywalker" was responsible.
Luke is wearing something other than his traditional "farm boy" outfit for the first time since the movie adaptation as this time we see him dressed in the same outfit that he wore during the medal ceremony in A New Hope.
This would be the last Marvel story before The Empire Strikes Back film debut.
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 2: Dark Encounters
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 2
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 2
Notes and references
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle, provided by Lucasfilm
- The Comic Reader #177 and The Comics Journal #53, provided by Marvel