Star Wars 6 is the sixth issue of the Legends comic book series Star Wars. It was written by Roy Thomas, illustrated by Howard Chaykin, and first published by Marvel Comics on September 13, 1977. It features the story "The Final Chapter?," which adapts the final scenes from the film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
The Death Star's imminent attack on the Rebel Alliance base on Yavin 4 prompts the Rebels to send a squad of T-65 X-wing starfighters to destroy the giant space station. A space battle ensues between the X-wings and Imperial TIE fighters. Luke Skywalker, with the timely help of Han Solo and Chewbacca, exploits the Death Star's tiny weakness and destroys it, saving the day for the Rebellion. On Yavin 4, an award ceremony is held for the Rebel heroes.
Star Wars 6 marked the first instance of Rebel pilot Porkins' first name, Tono. However, the 1989 book Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope later gave Porkins the first name Jek. This discrepancy was retconned in the 2002 article "Wraith Squadron," which gave his full name as Jek Tono Porkins.
- UPC 071486028178; September 13, 1977; Marvel Comics; First printing
- (No UPC); September 29, 2015; Marvel Comics; Digital edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of Star Wars
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 2
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 3
- Marvel Movie Showcase 2
- Classic Star Wars: A New Hope 2
- Classic Star Wars: A New Hope
- Classic Star Wars Box Set
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 1: Doomworld
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy — The Movie Adaptations