- Han takes Luke out to fly the Falcon with him!
- Meanwhile…Leia and a few of her "friends" have troubles of their own…
- The rebel prison base is under siege!
At Sunspot Prison, Princess Leia Organa, the smuggler Sana Starros, and their rebel troopers managed to subdue the IG-RM bodyguard and enforcer droids in the west sector only to discover that the mysterious intruder has taken over the command room and captured the warden. Speaking via comlink, the intruder tells Princess Leia that he is not planning to break out the prisoners but rather kill them. When the warden dismisses him as a fool, the intruder pistol whips him.
As the intruder goads Leia, Leia and Starros rush to cell block seven where they find IG-RM gunning down the prisoners in their cells. When Leia denounces the intruder as a murderer, he reminds her that the prisoners are war criminals. He claims that there is nothing noble about war. While Starros is tempted by the intruder's rhetoric, she decides to stick with Leia as the intruder releases seventeen murderers from their cell.
Having lost the Rebel Alliance's funds, Luke Skywalker manages to convince a blue Twi'lek merchant to pay him and Han Solo 5,000 credits to ferry a shipment of nerfs aboard the Millennium Falcon. Han Solo is annoyed with Skywalker but goes along with the shipping job.
Back at Sunspot Prison, Princess Leia and Starros managed to subdue several Imperial prisoners including the war criminal Kolar Ludd, a member of the Imperial Special Forces infamous for razing villages. Leia and Starros herd the prisoners into Sector 9 only for the intruder to remotely seal the doors and lower the sun shield. The prisoners are instantly incinerated by the star.
The intruder taunts Leia that her unwillingness to descend to the Empire's level of violence means that the Rebellion is going to lose the war. The intruder proudly embraces his identity as a murderer. Leia asks who the intruder is but he responds that he found the true face of our enemy in her eyes. He vows to kill all the prisoners.
Meanwhile in space, the Millennium Falcon is being pursued by a squadron of TIE fighters for smuggling illegal livestock. Luke tells Han that they are delivering the nerfs to the impoverished Outer Rim world of Ibaar, which is under sanctions from the Empire. Luke and Han bicker about the hyperdrive and nerf droppings.
At Sunspot Prison, Chelli Lona Aphra awakes from her sleep only to be attack by an IG-RM droid. Fortunately for her, Princess Leia and Starros come to her aid and gun down the droid. Despite the mutual animosity between Leia, Starros, and Aphra, the three put aside their differences to work together to defeat the "mad man" who has taken over the prison.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 MARVEL COMICS March 2016 Solicitations. Newsarama.com (2015-12-15). Archived from the original on April 1, 2019. Retrieved on December 15, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Lovett, Jamie (March 17, 2016). EXCLUSIVE Preview: Star Wars #17. Comicbook.com. Archived from the original on September 10, 2020. Retrieved on March 17, 2016.
- ↑ This issue takes place after the Alliance to Restore the Republic's victory at Yavin, which is featured in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY. The issue also takes place prior to the assault on the Mako-Ta Space Docks, which Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition dates to around one year after the Battle of Yavin, meaning that it takes place in 1 ABY. Therefore, this issue must take place between 0 ABY and 1 ABY.