- "Get aboard...! Rather than compete with such disgusting nobility... I'll stay behind!"
- ―Simon Greyshade
Star Wars 23: Flight Into Fury is the twenty-third issue in the Marvel Star Wars series of comics.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
As Simon Greyshade and Princess Leia prepare to leave The Wheel, Commander Strom, realizing that he has been betrayed by Greyshade, sends his stormtroopers to stop them. In the meantime Greyshade, tired of being upstaged by Luke Skywalker's noble actions, decides to allow Luke and Leia to leave with their droids on his ship while he stays behind to cover their escape. After they depart, Strom confronts the wounded Greyshade, intent on carrying out some revenge. Greyshade foils that as well by tossing a proton grenade in Strom's direction, killing him but also fatally wounding himself and critically damaging his droid Master-Com. In the meantime, Chewbacca is leaving the main event of The Big Game with his partner Han Solo, who, although seemingly getting killed in the event, now reveals himself to be perfectly healthy. The two make their way to the Millennium Falcon and leave The Wheel just in time to confront Darth Vader's battlecruiser. But Luke, while piloting the space yacht, stuns Vader through the use of the Force for just long enough for both Rebel craft to escape into hyperspace.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 2: Dark Encounters
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle, provided by Lucasfilm
- The Comic Reader #165, provided by Marvel