Star Wars 26 is the twenty-sixth issue of the Marvel comic book series Star Wars. Written by Jason Aaron with art by Salvador Larroca, it is the first issue in a new story arc that features the character Yoda, set prior to Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The story was published on December 28, 2016.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
- With one of our rebel crew captured and imprisoned…
- …we turn once more to the journals of Ben Kenobi…
- …and a legendary adventure of Jedi Master…Yoda!
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
A Droid Under Interrogation[edit | edit source]
Aboard The Devastator, C-3PO is being interrogated, but the troopers of Scar Squadron find his constant barrage of information pointless and annoying. Worst of all? None of it reveals the location of the Rebel Fleet or their potential new base. Sergeant Kreel suggests scouring through C-3PO's memory banks, but Darth Vader orders him and his squadron to scrap the droid for parts, threatening a similar future for them if they continue to fail him. But before they embark on that, the other troops convince Kreel to send a message to the Rebellion that their "beloved" droid is in their hands, hoping to lure them into a trap. C-3PO assures the squadron that his friends would leap at the chance to rescue him.
A Resounding No From All But One[edit | edit source]
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
This comic book depicts the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor existing before the Invasion of Naboo. However, the 2016 book Star Wars: Complete Locations states that the Delta-7 was created in response to the Naboo invasion.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Vol. 5: Yoda's Secret War
- Star Wars Vol. 3
- Star Wars by Jason Aaron Omnibus
- Star Wars: From the Journals of Obi-Wan Kenobi
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Marvel: The new Star Wars comics in December 2016. Jedi-Bibliothek (2016-09-20). Archived from the original on June 11, 2020. Retrieved on September 20, 2016.
- In Star Wars 26 Obi-Wan Kenobi is Qui-Gon Jinn's padawan. Master & Apprentice establishes that Kenobi became Jinn's padawan when he was thirteen years old. Since Star Wars: Card Trader states he was born 57 years before the Battle of Yavin—0 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas —Kenobi became Jinn's padawan in 44 BBY. He remained so until Jinn's death, which occurred in 32 BBY according to Galactic Atlas.
- This issue takes place after the Alliance to Restore the Republic's victory at Yavin, which is featured in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY. The issue also takes place prior to the assault on the Mako-Ta Space Docks, which Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition dates to around one year after the Battle of Yavin, meaning that it takes place in 1 ABY. Therefore, this issue must take place between 0 ABY and 1 ABY.
- Marvel Comics DECEMBER 2016 SOLICITATIONS. Newsarama (2016-09-20). Archived from the original on September 21, 2016. Retrieved on September 28, 2016.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations