- "Luke, sometimes you almost make me miss Han Solo's boneheaded optimism!"
- ―Leia Organa
Star Wars 52: To Take The Tarkin is the fifty-second issue in Marvel's Star Wars series of comics.
The Rebels Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Chewbacca along with the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 have infiltrated the Imperial superweapon Tarkin with the intention of sabotaging it. While they are carrying out their plan, Darth Vader is arranging a confrontation with Luke, but a group of Imperial officers led by General Biel, are planning to destroy the Sith Lord. The officers' plan fails, but Vader decides to focus on capturing the Rebels and deal with the insurgents later. Having hampered the firing mechanism of the Tarkin, the Rebels escape the station but are attacked by a group of TIE fighters, including one piloted by Vader. Fortunately for the Rebels, Lando Calrissian had stowed aboard the Millennium Falcon and he pilots the freighter to the aid of the others. With Vader's fighter disabled, Biel attempts to fire the Tarkin's superlaser at the Rebels, hoping Vader would be caught in the blast. But the superweapon self-destructs at the time it fires, killing all on board.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... 3
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 3: Resurrection of Evil
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 3
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 2
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 3
Notes and referencesEdit