- "The Death Star has surely tracked us here. You must use the information stored in this R2 unit to plan our attack against it."
- ―Leia Organa
Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Princess Leia Organa flee the Death Star I to the Rebel Alliance base on the moon Yavin 4. There they deliver R2-D2 to the Rebels, who use the information he is carrying to create a plan to destroy the Death Star. Meanwhile, the Death Star has followed the Millennium Falcon to the Rebel base intent on destroying it. Panicked, the Rebels send their pilots on a suicidal mission to destroy the Death Star. Luke, who has decided to help the Rebels, meets up with his old friend Biggs Darklighter as they get ready to blast off into space.
The cover art is notably misleading as at no point in the film or its comics adaptation does the Death Star fire on the Rebel base, and none of the dialogue on the cover occurs anywhere in the issue or the film.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of Star Wars
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 2
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 3
- Marvel Movie Showcase 2
- Classic Star Wars: A New Hope 2
- Classic Star Wars: A New Hope (TPB)
- Classic Star Wars Box Set
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 1: Doomworld
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Volume 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - The Movie Adaptations
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Comic Reader #146