- "Okay, you two-- this is Luke-- Blue Five... Close it up! We're going in!!"
- ―Luke Skywalker
The Death Star's imminent attack on the Rebel Alliance base on Yavin 4 prompts the Rebels to send a squad of T-65 X-wing starfighters to destroy the giant space station. A spectacular space battle ensues between the X-wings and Imperial TIE fighters. Luke Skywalker, with the timely help of Han Solo and Chewbacca, exploits the Death Star's tiny weakness and destroys it, saving the day for the Rebellion.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Behind the scenesEdit
This is part six of the six-part adaptation of A New Hope.
Porkins's first name was published as Tono in this issue, and Biggs Darklighter used the nickname "Piggy" to refer to him. Years later, West End Games' Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope gave him the first name Jek, but the contradiction was corrected in the article Wraith Squadron, which gave the pilot's full name as Jek Tono Porkins.
The letters column Star-Words announces plans to continue the comic series beyond the film adaptation.
The cover art is notably misleading as at no point in the film do Luke and Vader engage in a lightsaber battle; in fact, they never even meet face-to-face other than Luke witnessing Vader killing Obi-Wan from afar.
The squadron designated Red Squadron in the film is designated Blue Squadron in this comic. All callsigns are likewise changed. Red Leader is Blue Leader, and so on. Luke Skywalker is designated Blue Five.
Although Red Squadron has a full complement of twelve fighters in the film, Blue Squadron has only six fighters in this comic.
- The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of Star Wars
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 2
- Marvel Special Edition Featuring Star Wars 3
- Marvel Movie Showcase 2
- Classic Star Wars: A New Hope 2
- Classic Star Wars: A New Hope (TPB)
- Classic Star Wars Box Set
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 1: Doomworld
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Volume 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Comic Reader #148