Star Wars 7 is the seventh issue of the Legends comic book series Star Wars. It was co-written by Roy Thomas and Howard Chaykin, with art by Chaykin and Frank Springer, and it was first published by Marvel Comics on October 11, 1977. The issue features the story "New Planets, New Perils!," which was the series' first story set after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
After bidding farewell to their Rebel friends, Han Solo and Chewbacca set out to return to Tatooine to pay off their debt to Jabba the Hutt. En route, they are hijacked by space pirate Crimson Jack and his gang of thugs. The pirates take the reward money given to Han and Chewbacca by the Rebel Alliance for rescuing Princess Leia Organa but spare their lives.
Forced to lay low because they cannot pay Jabba, the two seek refuge on the planet Aduba-3. There they are hired by Pera, a priest of the Sacred Way, to bury a recently deceased borg. Although they meet with some resistance from the locals who object to having a borg buried in their traditional mound, they do eventually find their way to the burial site. After completing that task, the two smugglers are relaxing in a local cantina, where they are presented with a much deadlier job.
Star Wars 7 features the story "New Planets, New Perils!," which was one of the first installments of what eventually became the Star Wars Expanded Universe. It introduces the characters Crimson Jack and Jolli, who are recurring characters in the series.
- UPC 071486028178; October 11, 1977; Marvel Comics; First printing
- (No UPC); September 29, 2015; Marvel Comics; Digital edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 1: Doomworld
- Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago.... Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 1
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle, Updated Edition
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 (On-sale date is noted in backup link.)
- ↑ The events of Star Wars 7 take place between the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Scoundrels, which are both dated to 0 ABY by The Essential Reader's Companion. Therefore, the events of Star Wars 7 must also take place in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- ↑ Star Wars 11: Star Search!
- ↑ Star Wars 12: Doomworld!
- ↑ Star Wars (1977-1986) #7. comiXology. ComiXology. Archived from the original on September 14, 2020. Retrieved on September 14, 2020.