- "For me, horror and Star Wars go so well together as they've been part of my experience of the saga from the beginning. When I was a kid I was obsessed with monsters, whether that was classic gothic terrors such as Dracula and Frankenstein or alien creatures I saw on TV and films. And let's face it, if there's one thing Star Wars has, it's creatures... Then when I saw Empire in the cinema, how did it start? With Luke hanging upside down in the larder of a massive abominable snowman. That's literally horror right there."
- ―Cavan Scott
Star Wars Adventures: Shadow of Vader's Castle is a canonical one-shot comic issue that was published on November 4, 2020 by IDW Publishing. It was written by Cavan Scott and illustrated by Derek Charm, Nicoletta Baldari, Nick Brokenshire, and Francesco Francavilla.
The Empire has fallen, and the Mustafarians celebrate. But they know they will never be safe as long as they live in the shadow of Vader's Castle. Two young boys decide they're going to destroy the castle themselves. But a wizened old Mustafarian tries to put them off by telling them tales to teach them the lessons they might otherwise have to learn the hard way.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- The events of Star Wars Adventures: Shadow of Vader's Castle takes place after the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY.
- The first frame story takes place concurrently with Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY
- The second frame story features Vaneé becoming Darth Vader's servant. As Vaneé is already Vader's servant during the Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 5 frame story, which takes place shortly after the construction of Fortress Vader, Star Wars Adventures: Shadow of Vader's Castle takes place before Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 5. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the construction of Fortress Vader forty-six years prior to Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore Fortress Vader was constructed in 12 BBY, Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle 5, and Star Wars Adventures: Shadow of Vader's Castle also take place around the same year.
- The third frame story takes place during the Imperial Era but before Palpatine's initial death. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the founding of the Empire to 19 BBY and Palpatine's death to 4 ABY, meaning that Star Wars Adventures: Shadow of Vader's Castle takes place between these two years.
- The fourth frame story takes place after The Disaster but before Darth Vader's death. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates these events to 0 BBY and 4 ABY respectively, meaning that Star Wars Adventures: Shadow of Vader's Castle takes place some time between these two years.