- "The Clone Wars era is probably my favorite in all of Star Wars. It has it all — big adventure, sweeping romance, Force mythology, Jedi powers, and, of course, the awesome clones. This event series is going to bring together all the best, evergreen parts of Star Wars and weave a story that longtime fans (like myself) and new, younger readers (like my own kids) will definitely love."
- ―Michael Moreci
Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales is a five-issue canon comic miniseries published by IDW Publishing. Written by Michael Moreci, the series is set during the Clone Wars, focusing on characters from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The first issue of the series was set to be published on April 1, 2020, but was pushed back due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The first issue was eventually resolicited for June 3, 2020, though was later moved to May 20.
Set early in The Clone Wars TV series, Battle Tales centers on a group of clone troopers sharing stories about the war, similar to Cavan Scott's Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle. However, the stories told by the clones in Battle Tales are not like the more tall tale leaning stories seen in Tales from Vader's Castle. Moreci felt that the clones were not the type of characters to share tall tales. During the development of the comic, Moreci tried to have CC-5576-39 "Gregor" appear, but this was denied.
Media[edit | edit source]
|Color code key:|
|Collected (TPB) issue||Released issue||Future issue|
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- McMillan, Graeme (01/23/2020). 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' to Become Weekly Comic (Exclusive). The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 23, 2020. Retrieved on January 23, 2020.
- Star Wars Adventures: Clone Wars #5 (of 5). Comixology. Archived from the original on July 15, 2020. Retrieved on April 1, 2020.
- Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales takes place during the Clone Wars and before the Battle of Christophsis. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the beginning of the Clone Wars and the Battle of Christophsis to 22 BBY, the events of Battle Tales must also take place in the same year.
- IDW Suspends May Releases, Reduces Publishing Line Due to Diamond Hiatus. CBR. Archived from the original on March 24, 2020. Retrieved on March 24, 2019.
- Star Wars Adventures: Clone Wars #1 (of 5). Comixology. Retrieved on April 1, 2020.
[edit | edit source]