Don't know your X-wing from your Y-wing? Not sure what type of craft Slave I is? Look no further than the Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles. From the swamps of Kashyyyk to the deserts of Jakku, from inner-city Coruscant to the vastness of hyperspace, this new Star Wars book will show you the right craft for the job. This handy guide is full of fun facts and intriguing information, guaranteed to enthrall fans for hours on end.
This encyclopedia features more than 200 weird and wonderful vehicles from the world of Star Wars, including ships and vehicles from the entire saga of movies as well as the television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels. One vehicle is explored in detail on each page, so there's something new even for die-hard fans. All the technology behind the vehicles such as repulsorlift craft and hyperspeed is fully explored.
- In the Pelta-class frigate entry, the book incorrectly states that the model is a YT-2400.
- The Resistance transport is mis-titled as an SS-54 assault ship.
- An image is captioned as "Trouble over Toydaria" when the celestial body is actually the moon Rugosa.
- In the entry for the Malevolence, the book states that the Battle of Abregado was the vessel's first engagement, although in Rising Malevolence, where the ship was first introduced, implies that the Malevolence participated in dozens of surprise attacks prior to the Battle of Abregado.
- In the entries of the Joben T-85 speeder bike and Braha'tok-class gunship, Atollon is misspelled as "Attolon."
- The Underwater Turbo Sled Pike is described as having an ink cloud weapon. This is incorrect; the ink cloud was a natural ability of the Quarren, and the UTS Pike's only weapon was its dual blaster cannon.
- The book establishes that the C-9979 landing craft is 210 meters in length. The databank and the StarWars.com Encyclopedia had previously established that the wingspan was 149 meters in length. Visibly, the wingspan appears to be larger than the bow to stern length of the vessel. It is unclear if the Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles refers to wingspan or bow to stern length. Also, in the ship's entry, Grievous is misspelled as "Grevious."
- The book establishes that the Sphyrna-class corvette was 315 meters in length, placing it longer than an EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate at 300 meters according to Star Wars: The Rebel Files. As depicted in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Star Wars Rebels, the Sphyrna-class is visually closer in length to a CR90 corvette, which measures at 150 meters, also according to Star Wars: The Rebel Files.
- In the entry for the DH-Omni Support Vessel, Serenno is misspelled as "Serreno."
- In the entry for the Flarestar-class attack shuttle, a caption stated that the vessel in an image was of the Flarestar-class, when in actuality, as depicted in "Revival," it was a Corona-class armed frigate.
- In the entry for the Nu-class transport, an image of the interior of an LAAT/i used by Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 212th Attack Battalion was captioned as being a Nu-class transport, which is incorrect.
- The IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tank's chin blasters are incorrectly identified as sensors.
- The All Terrain Recon Transport is mistakenly described to be armed with a blaster cannon in addition to its laser cannon and mortar launcher.
- ISBN 9781465466655; April 2, 2018; DK Publishing; US hardcover
- ISBN 9781465482723; June 27, 2018; DK Publishing; US eBook
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|