Issues 62–76 were published by Paizo Publishing, from October 2002 to May 2004.
Issues 77–92 were published by IDG Entertainment, from August 2004 to February 2007.
It was announced at Celebration IV in 2007 that the Star Wars Insider would be moving to a new publisher, Titan Magazines, a UK-based company and the world's largest publisher of genre magazines.[source?]
In April 2008, Star Wars Insider published its 100th issue, following the North American numerical system, which differs significantly from its UK counterpart. From Star Wars Insider 107 to Star Wars Insider 174 it has been edited by Jonathan Wilkins. At issue 175, Will Salmon took over as editor, and was in turn succeeded by Chris Cooper.
There is also a Star Wars Insider in France since April 21, 2015.
|Issues 1–22||The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine||Hyperspace|
|Issues 23–50||Star Wars Insider||Hyperspace|
|Issues 51–61||Star Wars Insider||Wizards of the Coast|
|Issues 62–76||Star Wars Insider||Paizo Publishing|
|Issues 77–92||Star Wars Insider||IDG Entertainment|
|Issue 93 onwards||Star Wars Insider||Titan Magazines|
The magazine contains sections that focus on what is new in the Star Wars universe, be they events, fiction, excerpts from comics, exclusive previews, articles that explore the Star Wars universe in detail, questions and answers, or interviews.
A popular section of the magazine is Bantha Tracks, overseen by Lucasfilm's Pete Vilmur, who replaced the section's previous editor Mary Franklin in mid-2015. It is created entirely by fans of Star Wars, with art and photographs submitted by fans. Other sections include:
- Launch Pad provides "all the latest news, fun, games and gossip from the Star Wars Universe."
- My Star Wars, where Star Wars actors, authors, special effects technicians and celebrity guests discuss their favorite aspects of the franchise.
- Five Facts was a recurring department that displayed five facts about the Star Wars universe, with one of the facts being fake and the reader was invited to guess which one.
- Jedi Archive
- Classic Moment is a feature that selects one scene in Star Wars continuity and discusses why the scene is notable
- Red Five
- Ask Lobot
- Bounty Hunters
- Bantha Tracks
The Best of Star Wars Insider
- The Best of Star Wars Insider Volume 1 (March 22, 2016)
- The Best of Star Wars Insider Volume 2 (June 21, 2016)
- The Best of Star Wars Insider Volume 3 (October 18, 2016)
- The Best of Star Wars Insider Volume 4 (November 22, 2016)
- Star Wars Insider: Lords of the Sith (April 18, 2017)
- Star Wars Insider: Heroes of the Force (August 8, 2017)
- Star Wars Insider: Icons of the Galaxy (January 30, 2018)
- Star Wars Insider: The Saga Begins (February 26, 2019)
- Star Wars Insider: The Original Trilogy (May 21, 2019)
- Star Wars Insider: Rogues, Scoundrels, and Bounty Hunters (October 8, 2019)
- Star Wars Insider: The Fiction Collection Volume 1 (May 4, 2021)
- Star Wars Insider: The Fiction Collection Volume 2 (November 9, 2021)
- Star Wars Insider: Aliens, Creatures, and Droids (November 12, 2019)
- Star Wars: Age of Resistance: The Official Collector's Edition (March 9, 2021)
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition (May 4, 2021)
- Star Wars Insider: The Galaxy's Greatest Heroes (December 14, 2021)
- Star Wars Insider Presents: Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season Two Collector's Edition Volume One (February 22, 2022)
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Guide to Season Two (May 3, 2022)
- Star Wars Insider: The Galaxy's Greatest Villains (May 31, 2022)