Star Wars Insider 142 is the 120th issue of the magazine Star Wars Insider and the 50th published by Titan Magazines. This issue was released on June 11, 2013 and came with one of two sets of exclusive Star Wars: Jedi Legacy trading cards from Topps.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
This issue we'll be continuing our exclusive look into the Lucasfilm Archives and delving behind the scenes of Return of the Jedi. There'll be amazing, all-new fiction, with stunning art that you can only see in the pages of Star Wars Insider. We also look at what makes Padmé tick and go behind the scenes with a previously unpublished interview from the team at ILM. With the big party fast approaching, we'll be previewing Celebration Europe II…
Contents[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
- "The Show That Changed Star Wars" – Insider looks at how Star Wars: The Clone Wars has changed the saga forever!
- "Industrial Beginnings" – John Dykstra on the early days of Industrial Light & Magic!
- "Ruminations on Padmé" – A special profile looking at the pivotal role played by Padmé!
- "Making Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Unseen!" – Part 3: Amazing behind-the-scenes art and photos from Episode VI.
- "Authors of the Expanded Universe: Roy Thomas and Howard Chaykin" – How the adventure continued in comic book form!
- "Good Hunting" – Artist Joe Corroney and writer Christie Golden present an exciting lead-in to the new novel, Crucible!
Departments[edit | edit source]
- Launch Pad – Exclusive news and fun stuff from the Star Wars galaxy!
- My Star Wars – Temuera Morrison, a.k.a. Jango Fett from Attack of the Clones, on his Star Wars favorites!
- Rogues Gallery – Insider meets the handmaidens of Naboo!
- Classic Moment – Old Ben Kenobi has a few (Jedi mind) tricks up his sleeve!
- Books – Troy Denning on Han, Luke, and Leia's final adventure, Crucible.
- Comics – Experience Star Wars as you've never seen it before in Dark Horse Comics' The Star Wars!
- Incoming – Topps all-new card series, Star Wars: Jedi Legacy, heads up this issue's collection of collectibles!
- Bounty Hunters – The fans who have met the stars of Star Wars share their experiences!
- Bantha Tracks – Insider celebrates the saga's most dedicated fans!
- Red Five – Museum curator and collector Arnaud Grunberg picks five great objects from his collection.
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Bibliography[edit | edit source]