Star Wars Insider 173 is the 151st issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine and the eightieth issue published by Titan Magazines. It was released on May 23, 2017, and features a 20th anniversary of Star Wars Special Editions as well as coverage on the Darth Maul comic series from Marvel, LEGO Star Wars materials, various Star Wars collectibles in a collage form, coverage on Jyn Erso, the ILM props for Rogue One, and an interview with Derek Arnold on playing a Rebel Commando named Pao.
The new look Star Wars Insider features the very best interviews and articles about the greatest space adventure of all time! Covering the gamut of Star Wars media, from movies and TV shows to novels and comic books, Insider is your ultimate guide to the timeless saga. Discover amazing secrets you never knew! Read in-depth features by acclaimed Star Wars writers! Be an Insider! Available in Newsstand and PREVIEWS Exclusive cover editions.
- "A Heroine's Journey: No More Heroes?" – Tricia Barr continues her exploration of the Hero's Journey with Rogue One's Jyn Erso.
- "Minifigure Mania" – A look back at some of the rarest LEGO Star Wars minifigures.
- "Hope Renewed" – The making of the Star Wars trilogy special editions.
- "From Puppets to Pao" – An interview with puppeteer Derek Arnold and the alien he brought to life, Pao.
- "The Making of Maul" – An interview with Cullen Bunn, the writer of Marvel's new series, Darth Maul.
- "Up Close and Virtual" – Mike Jutan discusses his work as an ILM digital artist on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- "Behind The Scenes at Sideshow" – Star Wars Insider takes a tour of the Sideshow Collectibles design studios.
Notes and referencesEdit