Star Wars Insider 23 is the twenty-third issue of Star Wars Insider magazine. It bills itself as the premiere issue of Star Wars Insider, as the magazine was previously known as The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine for issues 1 through 22. Issue 23 was published in Fall 1994.
- Ever wonder how the Star Wars universe fits together? Between the films, books, comics, etc., it can be rather confusing. Now, for the first time, you can follow the continuum of Star Wars with this exclusive timeline followed by an Insider interview with Lucasfilm Licensing personnel in the know.
- Today, Carrie is a best-selling novelist and screenwriter. In this issue, Carrie recalls her days as princess of the Rebellion and shares her memories of the man who created a galaxy far, far away.
- "The Star Wars Holiday Special" by Jon Bradley Snyder
- Do you remember The Star Wars Holiday Special that aired on TV in 1978? We take a look, and have some fun with this unusual addition to the Star Wars universe.
- "The Real R2-D2... Kenny Baker" by Dan Madsen
- Standing barely 3 feet tall, Kenny Baker is a man who has reached incredible heights. Kenny has been entertaining people for years, but is most well-known for bringing the lovable little droid, R2-D2, to life.
- "Rebel Leader... Denis Lawson" by Dan Madsen
- He survived all three Star Wars movies and fough the Emire in countless battles, yet the names Wedge Antilles and Denis Lawson have, for the most part, been unknown to the moviegoing public … until now!
- "Cult of Wedge" by Jon Bradley Snyder
- Wedge Antilles deserves the crown as the greatest of all the minor characters have appeared in the trilogy. Insider takes a look at this character who has become the acid test for separating devoted Star Wars fans from casual viewers.
- "Rebel Rumblings"
- "Star News" by Jon Bradley Snyder
- "Lucasfilm's Latest"
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth" by Bob Cooper
- "LucasArts Update" by Sue Seserman
- "Scouting the Galaxy" by Stephen J. Sansweet
- From "Vadermallows" to Leia Panties
Notes and references
- Star Wars Insider 23
- Star Wars Insider 23's copyright is dated to 1994, while the "Star News" department indicates that this issue was published in approximately September of that year. Given that Star Wars Insider was published quarterly during this time, this indicates a Fall 1994 release for issue 23.