Star Wars Insider 45 is the forty-fifth issue of Star Wars Insider magazine. It was published in August 1999. Two cover variants were available for issue 45: a newsstand version featuring the Naboo battle scene and a subscriber-exclusive cover featuring bounty hunter Aurra Sing.
Content[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
- The Prequel Has Landed - Episode I opened to block-buster business in May, and the Insider was there (who wasn't?), with scene reports from fans across the nation, plus reactions from Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Sam Jackson, and other stars after their first screening!
- George Lucas: Lucas Takes Manhattan - The morning after unveiling The Phantom Menace in New York City, Star Wars creator George Lucas fields questions about the future of Star Wars, the "hype surrounding Episode I, and even what's up with Qui-Gon not disappearing at the end of the movie, in a candid, surprising interview.
- Ahmed Best: Jar Jar Binks - Meet the multi-talented actor/singer/dancer behind Episode I's most groundbreaking new character, and why Jar Jar may be the most human character in Episode I.
- Jar Jar Genesis: The Making of Jar Jar Binks - Mark Cotta Vaz, author of the seminal ILM: Into the Digital Realm, goes behind the scenes of Lucasfilm and ILM to tell the remarkable story of what it took to bring Jar Jar Binks -- the most prominent and fully-realized digital character in movie history -- to life.
- New Jedi Order: An Exclusive Vector Prime Excerpt - Exclusive! They're back -- Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, and (yes) Mara Jade return in this complete chapter from Vector Prime, the first novel of The New Jedi Order. Author R. A. Salvatore reveals a new threat to the galaxy.
- ''Star Wars'' Celebration! - It was three days of non-stop Star Wars, as 30,000 fans joined stars like Anthony Daniels, Ray Park, Ahmed Best, Warwick Davis, Hugh Quarshie, Pernilla August, and Rick McCallum for the Star Wars Celebration in Denver, Colorado. Kevin Fitzpatrick goes into the trenches to bring you the whole story, from the rain and mud to the stars and sun -- plus the Jar Jar jam and a few words from festival no-show Brian Blessed. The party starts here!
Departments[edit | edit source]
- Star News - Dennis Muren gets the Star treatment; R2-D2 takes over college campus; Star Wars goes NASCAR; Weird Al returns; and much more!
- Prequel Update - Prequel producer Rick McCallum gives us the inside scoop on last-minute changes to The Phantom Menace.
Media[edit | edit source]
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]