Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is an upcoming canon single-player video game being developed by Respawn Entertainment. It is set to be released by Electronic Arts on November 15, 2019. The game will tell an original story about Cal Kestis, a surviving Jedi Padawan, shortly after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
From Respawn Entertainment comes a brand-new action adventure game which tells an original Star Wars story around a surviving Padawan set shortly after the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. On November 15th, 2019, play and become a Jedi.
- "Before working on Star Wars we were working on a different game and it had basically the same pillars that we have in this game, which is thoughtful combat, agile exploration—you know, beyond human—and Metroidvania level design."
- ―Stig Asmussen
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a third-person action-adventure video game with a single-player story. Game director Stig Asmussen, known for directing God of War III, has described the game as having "thoughtful combat, agile exploration, and Metroidvania level design."
- "My background is melee action, so when they came to us and were like, 'We really like the game you're working out and we want to do at some point, but how would you guys feel about doing Star Wars?' we were like, great."
- ―Stig Asmussen
According to Asmussen, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order began as a non–Star Wars game and was adapted into the series after various individuals at Electronic Arts saw footage of early development. When his team first met with Lucasfilm, the company was not interested in a Jedi-centered game; the developers then had to work to create a story that would justify the use of Jedi. The game was first announced on May 4, 2016, and its title was revealed during the E3 press conference on June 9, 2018. Motion capture for the game has depicted a duel between a Jedi and a foe with a red lightsaber.
The game will be released on November 15, 2019. Pre-ordering the game includes an orange lightsaber blade, a unique skin for BD-1, a Mygeeto Campaign lightsaber hilt, and an Umbaran Campaign lightsaber hilt. An exclusive first look at Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order debuted on April 13, 2019 during Celebration Chicago. The game's merchandise line will appear in Triple Force Friday, which will be held on October 4, 2019. A book titled The Art of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will also be published on November 19, 2019 by Dark Horse Books.
According to Matt Martin of the Lucasfilm Story Group, some hints at Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order were included in Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith, a 2017–2018 comic book series written by Charles Soule. Some connections to the comic book series were shown in the game's reveal trailer, such as the Purge Troopers and the Second Sister, which first appeared in the series' thirteenth and nineteenth issues, respectively.
- UPC 014633373073; November 15, 2019; Electronic Arts; Microsoft Windows edition
- UPC 014633373103; November 15, 2019; Electronic Arts; Xbox One edition
- UPC 014633376159; November 15, 2019; Electronic Arts; PlayStation 4 Deluxe Edition
- UPC 014633738339; November 15, 2019; Electronic Arts; PlayStation 4 edition
- UPC 014633741377; November 15, 2019; Electronic Arts; Xbox One Deluxe Edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. EA. ea.com. Archived from the original on February 9, 2019. Retrieved on February 9, 2019.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Wikipedia