- "When Star Wars #1 was released at the beginning of the year we were thrilled at the reception and the record-setting sales numbers. Once again, Star Wars continues to skyrocket the Marvel name even higher with the anticipated pre-order print-run between 200K and 250K units for Star Wars Vol 1 TPB."
- ―David Gabriel, Marvel Comics SVP of Sales and Marketing
Star Wars Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes is a canon trade paperback that collects the first six issues of the comic-book series Star Wars from author Jason Aaron. It was published by Marvel Comics on October 6, 2015.
The greatest space adventure of all returns to Marvel! Luke Skywalker and the ragtag rebels opposing the Galactic Empire are fresh off their biggest victory so far – the destruction of the massive Death Star. But the Empire's not toppled yet! Join Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, and the rest of the Rebel Alliance as they fight for freedom against Darth Vader and his evil master, the Emperor! But when a Rebel assault goes wrong, Han and Leia must think fast to make their escape – while Luke comes face-to-face with Darth Vader! In the explosive aftermath, a humbled Luke returns to Tatooine to learn more about his mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Meanwhile, Leia and Han undertake a vital – and dangerous – secret mission. But can they succeed without Luke? Plus: the menace of Boba Fett! Collecting STAR WARS (2015) #1–6.
- ISBN 9780785192138; October 6, 2015; Marvel Comics; US paperback
- ISBN 9781302482596; October 7, 2015; Marvel Comics; US eBook
Notes and referencesEdit
- STAR WARS TP VOL 01 SKYWALKER STRIKES. PREVIEWSworld.
- Marvel Book Previews (September–December 2015) (PDF). Edelweiss (2015-04-08).
- Burlingame, Russ (2015-07-27). EXCLUSIVE: Marvel's Star Wars To Sell More than 200,000 Copies in Collected Edition. ComicBook.com.