- "When Star Wars #1 was released at the beginning of the year we were thrilled at the reception and the record-setting sales numbers. Once again, Star Wars continues to skyrocket the Marvel name even higher with the anticipated pre-order print-run between 200K and 250K units for Star Wars Vol 1 TPB."
- ―David Gabriel, Marvel Comics SVP of Sales and Marketing
Star Wars Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes is a canon trade paperback that collects the first six issues of the comic-book series Star Wars from author Jason Aaron. It was published by Marvel Comics on October 6, 2015.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The greatest space adventure of all returns to Marvel! Luke Skywalker and the ragtag rebels opposing the Galactic Empire are fresh off their biggest victory so far – the destruction of the massive Death Star. But the Empire's not toppled yet! Join Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, and the rest of the Rebel Alliance as they fight for freedom against Darth Vader and his evil master, the Emperor! But when a Rebel assault goes wrong, Han and Leia must think fast to make their escape – while Luke comes face-to-face with Darth Vader! In the explosive aftermath, a humbled Luke returns to Tatooine to learn more about his mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Meanwhile, Leia and Han undertake a vital – and dangerous – secret mission. But can they succeed without Luke? Plus: the menace of Boba Fett! Collecting STAR WARS (2015) #1–6.
Collected issues[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- ISBN 9780785192138; October 6, 2015; Marvel Comics; US paperback
- ISBN 9781302482596; October 7, 2015; Marvel Comics; US eBook
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- STAR WARS TP VOL 01 SKYWALKER STRIKES (backup link)
- Marvel Book Previews (September–December 2015) (backup link)
- EXCLUSIVE: Marvel's Star Wars To Sell More than 200,000 Copies in Collected Edition (backup link)