- "According to some, the starbird can never die—whenever it seems to be gone, it's actually renewing itself in the heart of a nova."
- ―From Sabine Wren's personal journal
The starbird (also called phoenix) was a legendary avian creature that was thought to be immortal. Allegedly, when it seemed to be dead, the starbird was actually renewing itself in the heart of a nova. Sabine Wren, a member of the Spectres, used a stylized starbird as her personal signature. Later on, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, the New Republic, and the Resistance also used stylized starbirds in their respective insignias.
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Rise of the Rebels (First mentioned)
- The Rebellion Begins (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man" (Indirect mention only)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only) (As "phoenix")
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded