The Starkiller aerial defense force was a unit of First Order TIE Fighter Pilots that were tasked with the protection of Starkiller Base. It participated during the Battle of Starkiller Base, and was reorganized following the First Order's defeat, with surviving members, such as Lieutenant Poldin LeHuse, being reassigned to Resurgent-class Star Destroyers escorting the Supremacy.
The Starkiller aerial defense force was the starfighter unit tasked with the protection of the First Order superweapon, Starkiller Base. This unit was defeated during the Battle of Starkiller Base when Resistance pilot Poe Dameron destroyed a key oscillator which led to a chain reaction, destroying the planet.
Survivors of the unit were transferred to Resurgent-class Star Destroyers, with several being very eager to exact vengeance for their failure and prove their worth. As such, several of the surviving members later participated in the First Order's counterattack, as a former member of the unit, Poldin LeHuse, critically damaged the Raddus by destroying its primary bridge, which resulted in the death of most of the Resistance High Command.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part V
- The Force Awakens, Part VI
- Captain Phasma, Part I
- Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Starkiller aerial defense force)