Starlog was a magazine dedicated to science-fiction film and television that ran for 374 issues, from August 1976 to April 2009. Initially conceived as a magazine dedicated to Star Trek, its scope expanded to include any and all science-fiction on film and television. The magazine featured extensive coverage of the Star Wars franchise. The magazine also published Starlog Yearbook.
Although not a licensed Lucasfilm publication, Starlog included several articles contributed by individuals involved in the production of official Star Wars projects, such as the Star Tours ride at Disneyland and the Star Wars: Ewoks television series. Some of this content introduced exclusive in-universe information with regards to Star Wars Legends canon.
Issues containing Star Wars contentEdit
- Starlog 2- ""Star Wars" an article discussing wrapping of production of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Starlog 19- "Star Wars Invades TV," an article discussing The Star Wars Holiday Special.
- Starlog 118 - "Star Wars: The Disneyland Journey," a preview of the original Star Tours attraction.
- Starlog 119 - "Star Wars: The Disneyland Journey, Part Two," continuing a preview of Star Tours.
- Starlog 337 - An interview with George Lucas discussing Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and the Expanded Universe.
- Starlog Yearbook 3 - Two Star Wars-related articles. The first is "Saturday Morning 'Star Wars,'" an interview with Paul Dini, story editor for the animated series Star Wars: Ewoks and Star Wars Droids, as well as ancillary productions such as The Great Heep. The second article is "TV Episode Guide: Ewoks & Droids." The articles both were written by Bob Miller and published in 1988.
- Starlog on Wikipedia