- "I've outrun Imperial starships, not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now."
- ―Han Solo
A starship, often referred to as simply a ship, was a manned vehicle used for traveling in realspace or hyperspace. Dating back thousands of years, the earliest starships transported spacers to new worlds through cryogenic freezing processes. Upon the invention of the hyperdrive, those that were equipped could travel faster than light by entering hyperspace, drastically reducing the journey times between two solar systems.
Due to the complex nature of ships, a variety of power sources were required to maintain and operate essential functions on board. The most common power sources were chemical, fission, or fusion reactors, which consumed a variety of fuels based on local resources, and dated back to the Republic's earliest days. Many large ships opted for fusion systems that contained hypermatter-annihilation cores, which could generate vast amounts of power. Despite all the benefits, most power systems required fuel hazardous to organic beings, often circulating in ship systems as corrosive liquids or combustible and poisonous gases. At least some starships possessed safety protocols built into the computer system that prevented the pilot from taking dangerous and reckless actions, though these could be disabled.
Individual starships were registered with the Bureau of Ships and Services (BoSS), an organization founded millennia before the Clone Wars responsible for maintaining ship registrations, transponders and pilots' licenses.
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 1"
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 2"
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 3"
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 4"
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 5"
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 6"
- Rogue One: Recon A Star Wars 360 Experience
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- "Far Too Remote"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III
- Star Wars: Puzzle Droids
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- ↑ Rise of the Separatists
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "Kaz's Curse"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Starship on Wikipedia