- "If we can get safely through the Starswarm Cluster, the Navagator's [sic] Guild will pay us a fortune!"
- ―Jori Daragon, to her brother Gav
The Starswarm Cluster was a dense cluster of stars that was located within the Deep Core region of the galaxy. In the year 5000 BBY, the out-of-luck hyperspace explorers Gav and Jori Daragon of the planet Koros Major attempted to discover a new hyperspace route through the Starswarm Cluster. However, the radiation at the core of the densely-packed grouping of stars proved to be too damaging to their starship, the Starbreaker 12, and, after barely managing to exit the cluster with their transport intact, the Daragons had to return to Koros Major for much-needed repairs.
- "Hey, it should have worked, but the stars at the core of the cluster were just too dense."
- ―Gav Daragon, on his and his sister Jori's attempt to navigate the Starswarm Cluster
The Starswarm Cluster was a cluster of stars that was located within the Deep Core region of the galaxy. A dense collection of more than twenty stars, the cluster was located near the Koros system.
- "We made it!"
"Just barely. Nobody will pay us for this route—it's worse than the last one."
- ―Gav and Jori Daragon
By the year 5000 BBY, the name of the Starswarm Cluster was already known by the young and out-of-luck hyperspace explorers Gav and Jori Daragon of the planet Koros Major. In that year, the Daragon siblings were forced by their difficult financial situation to try to discover new hyperspace routes that would be useful for transportation out of the Koros system. To that end, the siblings executed a blind hyperspatial jump from Koros Major in their starship, the Starbreaker 12—a jump that led them to the direct vicinity of the Starswarm Cluster.
Believing that they had found a shortcut and that the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild would reward them substantially for safe navigation of the star cluster, the young explorers attempted to pass through the densely-packed stars. However, the intense radiation of the stars at the core of the cluster proved to be too much for the starship's systems. With notable effort, the duo managed to exit the Starswarm Cluster with their ship intact, but the Starbreaker 12 had suffered critical damage, and therefore, with the realization that no one would pay them for the new shortcut weighing heavily on them, the Daragon siblings had to return to Koros Major for urgent repairs, using a previously discovered and much longer route. Back on the planet, Gav told his Hutt repairman Aarrba that the stars of the cluster were too dense to safely navigate through.
Behind the scenesEdit
The first in-universe appearance of the Starswarm Cluster was in the first issue of The Golden Age of the Sith story arc of the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi series of comic books. The issue was published in 1996 and was written by Kevin J. Anderson and penciled by Dario Carrasco, Jr.. Later, the star cluster was placed within grid square L-10 by the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 1: Into the Unknown (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 1: Into the Unknown
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ According to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi comics, the Daragon siblings navigated the Starswarm Cluster shortly before their hyperspace jump to the planet of Korriban, which is dated to the year 5000 BBY by The Essential Atlas.