- "While Ominaz won't see action until the Stassia Classic, Arrogantus will look to claim the top seed next month on Corsin at the Plooriod 940."
- ―HoloNet News article spotlighting Ignar Ominaz, a member of Team Millennium Holos
The Stassia Classic was a swoop race that was part of the galactic TransGal circuit. It was preceded by a race on the planet Corulag and took place after a respite period for the circuit, the racsan break. After they emerged victorious on Corulag in 22 BBY, the professional swoop jockeys of Team Millennium Holos, including Ignar Ominaz, planned to compete in the Stassia Classic.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Stassia Classic was mentioned in an issue of the HoloNet News feed (2002), Volume 531, Issue 54, which was published in-universe on the second day of the fifth month in 22 BBY. The article that referenced the race, entitled "Ominaz Keeps Top Ranking", was written by Pablo Hidalgo and Paul Ens. Stassia was a planet previously established in the Star Wars galaxy with "Ringers" by Laurie Burns, published in 1995 as a feature of Star Wars Adventure Journal 6, but a definitive connection between that location and the race was not established in HoloNet News. In 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, the planet of Stassia's entry states that swoop races were held in its capital, Stassia City.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Per Serji-X Arrogantus's entry in the Databank, archived here, Arrogantus raced in the Swo-O'Rim racing circuit. The HoloNet News article stated that the race on Corulag was a race in which both TransGal and Swo-O'Rim teams competed. It also established that Ominaz and Arrogantus were in different circuits; therefore, Team Millennium Holos had to compete in TransGal.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- ↑ "Ringers"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 190 ("Stassia")