- "Your Empire needs you. Troopers, forward!"
- ―Staz to his troops shortly before being killed in an explosion
Staz was a human male major that served in the Galactic Empire's 224th Imperial Armored Division. He led the division during the Mimban campaign, and was killed by an explosion as he yelled orders to his troops.
- "Solo, get up! We're almost there!"
- ―Staz, and Han Solo
Staz was a human male who, by 10 BBY, had achieved the rank of major in the Armed Forces of the Galactic Empire and was in command of the 224th Imperial Armored Division. Staz led the division during the Mimban campaign against the Mimbanese Liberation Army, who were resisting Imperial advancements.
During the campaign on Mimban, Staz commanded his forces to capture a final ridge in their area. After Corporal Han Solo had been blown to the ground by an explosion, Staz helped him recover and informed him that they were almost to their objective. When Solo replied with confusion on where they were headed, Staz stated that they were headed just over the final ridge. As Staz began to proclaim that victory was at hand, he was completely annihilated by an explosion and was killed.
- "AT-hauler. That's what we came for. Forward operations must be this way."
"They are, but the major said we're supposed to go that way!"
"Yeah, go that way and die!"
"That's exactly what happened to the major!"
- ―Tobias Beckett to his crew, as Han Solo enters the conversation
Following his death, Solo was shocked and fell back to a trench, where he witnessed what appeared to be an Imperial officer, who would in actuality be Tobias Beckett with the uniform of a captain, who was on Mimban attempting to steal a Y-45 armored transport hauler for a heist on Vandor. While Beckett was speaking with his crew, Solo joined into the conversation to inform him that Staz had ordered them to go the other way. Beckett responded by telling Solo to go that way and die, in which Solo responded by saying that that's what happened to Staz.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Where are we going?"
"Just over that last ridge. Victory is…"
- ―Han Solo, to Staz just as he was killed
Staz was a human male who had dark hair and light skin. Despite being a major, Staz led his forces on the front lines of heated combat, and in at least one example, helped a subordinate recover and motivated them to continue forward.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
As an officer of the Galactic Empire, Staz was equipped with an officer's uniform with a type of fitted, waterproof greatcoat and a plastoid chestplate armor piece. He also wore an unarmored cap and used a blaster rifle in combat.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 1
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Staz)