The stealth ship was an experimental corvette equipped with a cloaking device, which allowed the ship to become completely invisible to the naked eye, and almost completely invisible to every scanner. The ship featured a multi-segmented main fuselage, mid-section antenna array, upper and lower anti-aircraft dual laser cannon turrets, four proton torpedo launchers, and a large engine pod at the tail. It also had a two-man crewed countermeasures compartment, and the capacity to carry extra troops and cargo.
- "It's a pretty small ship to destroy a whole fleet. Are there more?"
"No. This is the prototype, and you won't be on the offensive. I need you to run a mercy mission down to the planet surface."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
A prototype stealth ship was introduced by Obi-Wan Kenobi at the Battle of Christophsis. Although its objective was to continue the mercy mission to Bail Prestor Organa undetected, General Anakin Skywalker decided to attack the blockade. It was used against Separatist Admiral Trench during the breaking of the orbital blockade around the planet. Admiral Wullf Yularen, Commander Blackout, and CT-1284 were also present on the prototype ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Stealth ship was designed by 'Clone Wars' concept artist Russell Chong. It is actually based off of a pencil according to Dave Filoni.[source?] In the episode when Anakin Skywalker states that it is unusual for a smaller ship to have a cloaking device, which is a reference to a line from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back by Lorth Needa. The Stealth Ship concept, alongside the entire premise of their debut episode, Cat and Mouse, was based on Submarine Warfare from World War II.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Starfighter" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- (First identified as Stealth ship)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: New Battlefronts: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Who Are the Jedi?
- "100 and Counting"—Star Wars Insider 139
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars booklet