The Stormwind was a Victory-class Star Destroyer that served in the Imperial Navy and was commanded by Captain Jarroth during the reign of the Galactic Empire. It patrolled the Virgillia system for rebellious activity from the Virgillian Free Alignment, which was fighting against the Imperial-aligned ruling government, the Aristocracy, in the Virgillian Civil War. It also searched for potential Alliance to Restore the Republic activity in the system.
The Stormwind served as a warship that was part of a small Imperial Navy armada patrolling the Virgillia system during the Imperial Period. During the Virgillian Civil War, its aim was stopping the anti-Imperial Virgillian Free Alignment from rebelling against the Aristocracy, which controlled the system and was aligned with the Galactic Empire. After the outbreak of the Galactic Civil War, the Stormwind searched for suspected Rebel Alliance strongholds in the system.
Sometime between 19 BBY and 4 ABY, the Stormwind received a transmission from an Imperial informant present in the system, saying that they had found evidence of a suspected Free Alignment encampment on Virgillia's forested moon. Although the encampment was in fact a refugee camp with no Free Alignment connections, the ship's stormtroopers killed all of the refugees on the order of Captain Jarroth, who commanded the ship, when they went to investigate. When the Galactic Civil War intensified, Imperial forces withdrew from the Virgillia system.
Commanders and crew
The Stormwind was commanded by Captain Jarroth during the reign of the Galactic Empire. The crew included Ensign Rannd Delckis, who served as a communications assistant, and the ship also carried stormtroopers.
Behind the scenes
The Stormwind was first mentioned in The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook, a roleplaying guide published in 1996 by West End Games for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The book was written by Kathy Tyers and Eric S. Trautmann.
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Jarroth, Captain")
Notes and references
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 141 ("Jarroth, Captain")
- The Galactic Empire was founded in 19 BBY according to The New Essential Chronology. The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook establishes that the Virgillian Civil War between the Aristocracy and the Virgillian Free Alignment ended just before the Battle of Endor, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 4 ABY. Since the book also states that the Empire's Stormwind was searching for Free Alignment fighters during the war, the event must have taken place between those two dates.