Stuart Freeborn (September 5, 1914 – February 5, 2013) was the makeup supervisor for the Star Wars original trilogy. He was hired by director George Lucas after Lucas became impressed with his makeup effects work in 2001: A Space Odyssey. He worked on all three films and the Holiday Special. Some of his most notable contributions include creatures at the Mos Eisley Cantina and Yoda. He based Yoda's face on his own and Albert Einstein's. His wife Kay Freeborn and son Graham Freeborn were also makeup artists.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- "Stuart Freeborn"—Star Wars Insider 102
- "A Star Wars Family Legacy"—Star Wars Insider 141
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 152
- "Stuart Freeborn: The Makeup Artist"—Star Wars Insider 196
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition