- "I don't believe you've met my pet vornskyrs, Councilor. This one's named Drang; the somewhat more aloof one there is Sturm."
- ―Talon Karrde
Karrde met Sturm when the vornskr attacked him. Karrde shot its tail off in self-defense, which injured and stunned the beast, stopping its attack. Karrde nursed it back to health and named it, and the two took a liking to one another (especially since Karrde was feeding Sturm, and since tailless vornskrs lack the aggressive tendencies of those who have their tails, Sturm had no desire to hunt). Around 9 ABY Karrde brought them to Mount Tantiss in hoping that they could locate Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker using their Force-related hunting technique.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name, along with Drang, was a reference to Sturm und Drang, an eighteenth-century German literary movement emphasizing struggles of the individual against society, something which author Timothy Zahn felt would appeal to Karrde as an educated, pun-loving sort.
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising
- The Last Command
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- "ISB Intercepts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Smuggler's Alliance"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia