- "Listen you ungrateful tuft-sucker—"
- ―Styles becomes angry after a Kalleran claims his people see no difference between the Republic and Separatist forces
During the Clone Wars, Styles fought under Jedi Master Depa Billaba and her Padawan Caleb Dume during the battle of the planet Kaller, in which the Republic defeated the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After the battle, Styles and Clone Commander CC-10/994, nicknamed "Grey," accompanied the two Jedi to see the Kalleran Gamut Key. Billaba informed the Kallerans that the Separatists would no longer trouble them, but the natives claimed they saw no difference between Separatist and Republic occupation. Dume, Styles and the Commander became angry at the Kallerans, but Billaba remained calm and informed Gamut Key that the Republic forces would spend the night in fields nearby. While camping later that night, the two clones and the two Jedi sat together and discussed why Billaba had not said anything to the Kallerans who compared the Republic and the Confederacy. Styles and Grey strongly disagreed when Billaba said she did not agree with Jedi taking up the rank of general, but were amused when they learned Dume had been infamous for asking too many questions during his time at the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant.
After the battle on Kaller, Grey and Styles received Order 66 from Chancellor Palpatine, which branded all of the Jedi Order as traitors to Republic and called for their immediate execution. Billaba and Dume activated their lightsabers just as the clones of the whole battalion turned on them with their blasters pointed at them. The two Jedi killed clone after clone. Dume ran as his master told him to do, and Styles was ordered by Grey hunt down Dume and cut him off. As Billaba tried to use the Force on the clone captain, Grey killed her. Grey and Styles put the whole battalion to hunt for Dume from the forest to the Kalleran city.
Weeks later, Grey and Styles managed to capture a disguised Caleb Dume and took him aboard their freighter. When Dume tried to explain that it was Palpatine, not him and the Jedi, who had betrayed the Republic before it was turned into the Empire, they were unconvinced. Dume was then rescued by General Kleeve and Janus Kasmir, and a fight began. When Grey asked why did they, clones, obey Order 66 so blindly, Styles disagreed, seeing Caleb Dume only as a traitor to the Empire. Realizing the mistake he made earlier during Order 66, Grey fired his blaster at the clone pilot's control, taking down the shields. Both the Kasmiri and the Escape fired at the freighter. The ship exploded with Grey, Styles, and two other clones on-board.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Kanan 8: First Blood, Part II: The Towers of the Temple
- Kanan 9: First Blood, Part III: The Canyons of Kardoa
- Kanan 10: First Blood, Part IV: The Mesas of Mygeeto
- Kanan 11: First Blood, Part V: The Fog of War
- Kanan 1: The Last Padawan, Part I: Fight (First appearance)
- Kanan 2: The Last Padawan, Part II: Flight
- Kanan 3: The Last Padawan, Part III: Pivot (Mentioned only)
- Kanan 4: The Last Padawan, Part IV: Catch
- Kanan 5: The Last Padawan, Part V: Release
- Kanan 6: The Last Padawan, Epilogue: Haunt (Imagination)
- Kanan 12: First Blood, Epilogue: The Ties That Bind (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders" (Indirect mention only)