- "Imperial forces claimed Lirra and surrounding systems over the weekend, driving out the Hutt dynasty which has ruled the planet for the past nine decades. The take-over was largely peaceful, and the Shando metro area is calm this coming."
- ―A Colonial News Nets report
The planet Lirra was subjugated in 2 ABY. Three months before the take-over, an undercover news investigation team discovered that the Jhank Shel Hutt clan maintained over a million Human slaves on Lirra. In response to the pressure of the public opinion, Moff Heedra of the Baxel sector declared Lirra a planetary disaster. Heedra sent Imperial forces to claim Lirra and surrounding systems. The subjugation was largely peaceful, with the Hutts merely lodging an official protest with Coruscant. The Jhank Shel members were soon driven back into Hutt Space. Relief asisstance groups arrived on Lirra in the days following the planet's subjugation and it was expected that an Imperial governor would be appointed to supervise the reorganization of the planet's infrastructure.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12
- ↑ The Essential Atlas states that the Battle of Yavin occurred in year 35, which is the zero point of the BBY/ABY year-notation system, so the difference between the calendar based on the Battle of Yavin and the Great ReSynchronization's year-notation system is thirty-five years. This date is derived from simple math based upon other confirmed dates.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia