- "I could get you a Hydrosphere Explorer if you're prepared to wait a few weeks. An Ubrikkian repulsorsub. A V-Fin. A Trade Federation submarine, even."
- ―A Rodian merchant
Submersibles or submarines were vehicles designed to operate underwater on terrestrial planets or in the atmospheres of gas giants. Many were used for research and exploration, especially in mining operations. They had limited mobility and mostly came in small one-man designs. Several companies designed luxury submersibles that could be used in tours or for private use.
The amnesiac Revan and two of his party members used a submersible to descend to a secret Republic kolto harvester station on Manaan in their quest for the underwater Star Map. Darth Bandon and his aides might have also used a submersible (or multiple submersibles) to catch up with Revan and confront him.
Lando Calrissian employed submersibles in a variety of ventures, including one involving the mining of Corusca gems on the planet Yavin Prime. Several submersibles were in use on Calrissian's GemDiver Station, such as the Submersible Mining Environment Fast Hand.
Notable submersible producing companiesEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Knight Errant: Deluge 1
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- A Dark Fortress
- Dorumaa's Children
- Death in the Undercity (First appearance)
- "A World to Conquer"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- The Glove of Darth Vader
- "The Kaal Connection"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- Classic Adventures: Volume Four - The Best of the Journal (Reprint of The Kaal Connection)
- Dark Apprentice
- "The Trouble with Squibs"—Star Wars Insider 67
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Strongholds of Resistance