- "Okay, watch this. I'll turn these pebbles into sugar leaf taffy."
- ―Teebo entertains the woklings
Sugar leaf taffy was a type of sticky, pink taffy that was edible by Ewoks. In 3 ABY, on the Forest Moon of Endor, the Ewok Teebo tried to cheer up a quartet of woklings—Malani, Nippet, Wiley, and Winda Warrick—by using magic to transform pebbles into sugar leaf taffy. As Teebo performed the spell, the pebbles floated into the air, expanded, and burst, covering the Ewok's fur with the sticky confection. This delighted the woklings, until Malani noted that Teebo's taffy-covered appearance resembled Garth, the snake eater at Horville's Hut of Horrors.
Behind the scenes
Sugar leaf taffy appeared in "Horville's Hut of Horrors," the sixteenth episode in the second season of the animated television series Ewoks. The episode was written by Paul Dini and premiered on November 15, 1986.
Notes and references
- Ewoks—"Horville's Hut of Horrors"
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23 dates the events of the Ewoks television series, which include the appearance of sugar leaf taffy in "Horville's Hut of Horrors," to three years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27