- "There are some things far more frightening than death."
- ―The Grand Inquisitor, shortly before he throws himself to his death
Suicide was when an individual deliberately took their own life. This form of death was chosen for many reasons.
For a Death Watch bomber, who, after a failed attempt on bombing a memorial shrine in the presence of Duchess Satine Kryze, he chose to jump off a balcony rather than be questioned by Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.
After being defeated by Kanan Jarrus, The Grand Inquisitor chose to allow himself to fall to his death, saying "there are far worse things than death," likely fearing the infamous wrath of Darth Vader for his repeated failures.
Suicide attacks were sometimes used in conflicts as a means of inflicting maximum damage.
The term could sometimes be used figuratively. Lady Carise Sindian believed Ransolm Casterfo's decision to speak on behalf of Leia Organa regarding her investigation into the Amaxine warriors was an act of "political suicide."
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- "Republic, Rebel, and Resistance Starfighters" – Star Wars Encyclopedia