Sun Fac served as Archduke Poggle the Lesser's chief lieutenant. His position was evident in his insect-like wings, as well as the tusks at the edge of his mouth. Like most other Geonosian aristocrats, he was ruthless in his management of the wingless lower-caste workers, forcing them to work in harsh conditions regardless of any dangers.
As with most Geonosians, Sun Fac was strong, despite his slender build. His tough exoskeleton protected him from physical assaults and the bouts of radiation that occasionally showered Geonosis. Sun Fac's right eye either had been sealed shut or was entirely missing. The large scar across his face suggests his missing eye was due to a battle wound.
Over time, Sun Fac, who ensured that his master's will was executed throughout Geonosis, proved to the Archduke that he was both unusually intelligent and very creative for a Geonosian.
In the events leading to the Clone Wars, he also proved that he was as adaptable as intelligent. He was adept at playing any role required of him. Sun Fac could do it all—from supporting the Archduke to becoming a ruthless executioner.
Prior to the First Battle of Geonosis, Sun Fac convicted Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala of espionage, sentencing them to death in the Geonosian execution arena. He was responsible for delivering the verdict of the Geonosian court to the two Humans who had come to Geonosis in an attempt to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi. The news was delivered to a courtroom filled with Separatist Senators, Trade Federation officials, Commerce Guild dignitaries, InterGalactic Banking Clan members, Corporate Alliance representatives, and Techno Union leaders who looked on while the duo protested their innocence.
When the Grand Army of the Republic invaded Geonosis, Sun Fac chose not to go into hiding with the Archduke or other high-ranking Geonosians, but instead tried to escape separately. As he reached his starfighter in the upper levels of a tower protruding from the hive, he was followed by clone commandos who were tasked with assassinating him. Sun Fac managed to get into his starfighter, but as the ship lifted from the landing platform, it was damaged by clone commando RC-1207 using the DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System sniper attachment, killing Fac when it crashed.
Behind the scenesEdit
In early drafts of the Attack of the Clones script, Sun Fac was referred to as "Sun Rit." This has led to confusion, as some fans believe Poggle has two aides, Sun Fac and Sun Rit, which is untrue. Poggle is seen with another aide in Revenge of the Sith. It is common to see this aide referred to as Sun Rit, though this Geonosian has no official name.
In cut and/or alternate Attack of the Clones scenes, Sun Fac was voiced by Christopher Truswell.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization
- Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones 4
- Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (Appears only in non-storyline event) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 133 (FAC1-2, Sun Fac)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit