"Sunny Side of Ryloth" was a song by the band Red Shift Limit. The song title referenced the planet Ryloth, the homeworld of the Twi'lek species. The composition was included on the band's compilation album Thoughts from the Core, available in the galaxy by the time between the years 0 ABY and 4 ABY. Red Shift Limit was deemed to be an anti-Imperial band by the Imperial Board of Culture, who banned the track.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Sunny Side of Ryloth" was mentioned in Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim, a 1993 reference book for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, written by Simon Smith and Eric Trautmann.
According to early portrayals in the Star Wars Legends continuity, Ryloth was a tide-locked planet, a phenomenon that resulted in one side of the planet always facing the sun, therefore being the "sunny side." However, this information has since been overridden by more recent sources.
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim is set in the time period between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Endor. Those battles are dated to 0 BBY and 4 ABY, respectively, by The New Essential Chronology, which also establishes the Battle of Yavin as the final event before the beginning of 0 ABY.
- ↑ The Star Wars Sourcebook
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"