- "All by yourself? Not a problem."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi encountering a super battle droid rocket trooper
The super battle droid rocket troopers were a variant of B2 super battle droids, and were a refinement of the B2-RP battle droid. The model featured a jetpack composed of two bulky thrusters attached to the shoulders, supplemented with smaller thrusters attached to the droid's ankles. The battle droids were armed with wrist-mounted laser cannons. The droids also had red sensors.
Super battle droid rocket troopers were used during the Battle of Ringo Vinda. They were used alongside the droidekas in a final push that forced the Republic army to fall back, after Jedi Master Tiplar had been killed by the damaged clone trooper "Tup."
Droids were later assigned the task of breaking into a Republic shuttle to abduct Tup, who had been responsible for the Jedi's death. The droids swiftly eliminated all other clones in the craft, and and were able to bring Tup to Admiral Trench.
Behind the scenesEdit
The B2 rocket trooper features as an adversary in the third phase of the Tank Takedown raid event in the non-canon video game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Summoned by General Grievous to defend a damaged Armored Assault Tank on Geonosis, the rocket trooper leads a squad of B1 battle droids.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (as B2 Rocket Trooper)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- (First identified as super battle droid rocket trooper)
- Ultimate Star Wars