- "Deploy the super tanks—attack formation."
The super tank was an experimental tank created by Baktoid Armor Workshop. Commissioned by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. During the Clone Wars around 22 BBY, the super tank was used during the Second Battle of Geonosis. Additional tanks were deployed to the planet Oznek.
- "No, the super tanks are not ready. But when they are, the Republic forces will be routed. They have no weapon that can penetrate its heavy armor."
- ―TX-21, to Poggle the Lesser
The super tank was an experimental tank created by Baktoid Armor Workshop. It looked similar to the MTT which was also made by Baktoid. It was about half the size of the MTT and had its twin blaster cannons located on the same spot as the MTT. The repulsortank also had one turret-mounted twin laser cannon located on the outside in the middle of the craft on either side. Concealed under a retractable section of its armor plating were the vehicle's main weapons: a set of twin warhead launchers capable of easily obliterating an AT-TE walker. It was equipped with ray shielded armor and could easily deflect shots from an AT-TE walker and an AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon. The tank had the logo of the CIS painted on both sides.
- "Looks like the Separatists have a new toy."
- ―Luminara Unduli, about the new tanks
This tank was first used in the Second Battle of Geonosis by the Separatists. TX-21 advised Archduke Poggle the Lesser to use the tanks against the advancing Republic army. Poggle agreed and 20 tanks were deployed onto the battlefield. The Republic's AV-7 Cannons opened fire on the advancing Tanks, but even after many direct hits, the tanks kept advancing, and then launched a barrage of Mortar rounds, destroying the cannons, and the AT-TE reinforcements.
Another super tank was used inside of the factory as well. Facing it were the Jedi Padawans Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee. Offee managed to get inside the tank by using her lightsaber to cut a hole next to the exposed warhead launcher, and destroying the two droids driving the tank. Tano and Offee were able use the tank's weaponry to destroy the factory from the inside and were saved from the ensuing explosion by the tank's heavy armor.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain" (First appearance, in "Newsreel" only)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (video game)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Weapons Factory" (First identified as Super tank)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror" (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Clone Wars: The Enemy Within
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit