- 1 Description
- 2 History
- 3 Behind the scenes
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Sources
- 6 Notes and references
Description[edit | edit source]
A superweapon (also spelled super-weapon) or megaweapon referred to a weapon of great power, capable of bringing varying degrees of massive destruction. Some may level whole cities and continents, whilst some could even destroy planets.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Superlaser[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Forgotten times[edit | edit source]
- "Long ago in forgotten times, when the Sith and Jedi fought for control of the galaxy, weapons there were, of unimaginable power."
Malachor[edit | edit source]
Darth Momin[edit | edit source]
- "I designed a great engine. It was a weapon, of course, powerful enough to burn the city to ash."
- ―Darth Momin, to Darth Vader
Clone Wars[edit | edit source]
- "Finding it is one thing. Finding a way to stop it is another."
- ―Mace Windu, on the superweapon Malevolence
The Subjugator-class heavy cruiser Malevolence used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars was considered to be a superweapon, as was the defoliator and the Galactic Republic's electro-proton bomb developed by Sionver Boll.
Age of the Empire[edit | edit source]
The Death Stars[edit | edit source]
- "This station is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it."
- ―Conan Antonio Motti
Arc Pulse Generator[edit | edit source]
Other projects[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Empire developed and produced, or was rumored to have, many other superweapon projects. Such include the Onager-class Star Destroyer, was a type of capital ship that utilized a kyber crystal superweapon; The rumored Mass Shadow Generator, which would have existed in both realspace and hyperspace; The Torpedo Sphere, a siege platform and space station. The Omega Frost, a rumored interstellar freeze ray; and the Electro-Proton Bomb/Defoliator, based off the electro-proton bomb and the defoliator from the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Earlier versions of the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens had the Resistance developing a superweapon known as the War-Hammer. In those versions, the War-Hammer would've been several times the size of a Star Destroyer and had the form of a massive ship with a huge front that could penetrate any shield and was able to deploy ships through it.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 22
- Star Wars 38
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Big Bang"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- ; image #1 (of 19)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens