- "Sorry, guys. Close, but not quite."
- ―Lando Calrissian beats Volupicite at sabacc, causing the alien to vocalize and smash a fist on the table
Susaut Volupicite was a horned alien with gray hair, brown skin and brown eyes. In 10 BBY, Volupicite spent time on the planet Vandor in the drinking establishment known as the Lodge. While there, the alien took part in a game of sabacc in the building's back room but angrily left the table after being beaten by the smuggler Lando Calrissian. Volupicite then returned to watch the outlaw Han Solo play against Calrissian.
Susaut Volupicite was an alien who spent time in the saloon known as the Lodge on the planet Vandor in the year 10 BBY. While in the Lodge, Volupicite joined a game of the Corellian Spike variant of sabacc being played at one of the tables in the establishment's back rooms. Sitting between the Nephran Therm Scissorpunch and the dealer, Saucer Head. Volupicite eventually lost to the human smuggler Lando Calrissian and left the table.
Following the loss, Volupicite returned to watch further rounds being played and stood behind the human criminal Han Solo. Solo and Calrissian then both wagered their starships on a round, and after Solo revealed his hand of cards to be straight staves, Volupicite cheered with the rest of the room and clapped the criminal on the shoulder. The alien was then displeased when Calrissian revealed that he had Full Sabacc, meaning he had won the game.
Personality and traitsEdit
Susaut Volupicite was annoyed at losing at sabacc to Lando Calrissian, vocalizing in Olys Corellisi and smashing a fist onto the game table before storming off. The alien was later pleased when it appeared that Han Solo had beaten Calrissian. Volupicite was a member of a bipedal species and had gray fur with brown horns, skin, and eyes.
Behind the scenesEdit
Susaut Volupicite was created for the 2018 Anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story, but was first revealed in a tie-in advertisement for the restaurant Denny's earlier that year. In the advertisement, Volupicite is conversing with a human woman, before both stop to watch a sabacc game being played.
The character was portrayed by Robert Nairne and was first named in Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released alongside the film. Concept art of Volupicite, titled "Maverick 006," was drawn for the film by costume concept artist Adam Brockbank and creature concept designer and senior sculptor Luke Fisher.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 3
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Susaut Volupicite)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Look and Find (Picture only)
- The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the portion of Solo: A Star Wars Story set on Vandor to nine years after the founding of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the founding of the Empire to 19 BBY; therefore, the events on Vandor take place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ screenshot) — Robert Nairne identified himself as the actor who portrayed Susaut Volupicite in response to an image of the character also posted on Twitter (backup link). (
- ↑ The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story