- "You stand in the court of Nem'ro. All you see in Jiguuna is under my authority. Welcome."
- ―Suudaa Nem'ro
Suudaa Nem'ro was a Hutt crime lord who lived during the Great Galactic War and the subsequent Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. He was most often known simply by his cuirvas, Nem'ro.
Life on Nal HuttaEdit
- "The upstart Fa'athra lays claim to things that are mine. He moves against my factories, sends his scum to make trouble in Jiguuna."
- ―Nem'ro explains his rivalry with Fa'athra.
In the decades leading up to his success, Nem'ro was a cunning leader in the gangs of Jiguuna, an industrial town on the Hutt's adopted homeworld of Hutta. He was an ambitious Hutt, using blackmail and savage cunning to systematically muscle his way into complete control over the town. His businesses included shvash gas mining, dealing spice, and trafficking weapons. His path to success earned him enemies along the way including fellow Hutt Voontara Fa'athra, "Huttsbane", and even Black Sun.
Allying with the Sith EmpireEdit
Like most Hutts who reach the peak of their career, Nem'ro left the day-to-day operation of his enterprises to underlings while he concentrated on food and revelry in his palace on Nal Hutta. His closest associates, for a time, included the lieutenants Karrels Javis and Toth'lazhen, as well as the enforcer Kaliyo Djannis, and his street gang leader, Rex Geer.
His operations did not go unacknowledged for long during the Cold War, as the Sith Empire took a keen interest in the Hutt and his control over the gas industry. The Imperial Intelligence spymaster known as "Keeper" sent an operative to infiltrate Nem'ro's court and gain his allegiance. Assuming the identity of the space pirate known as the "Red Blade", the agent gained the trust of Nem'ro and his closest men, carrying out several tasks on their behalf.
In the end, after framing the Galactic Republic for having aided Fa'athra in assassinating Karrels Javis and his bodyguards inside Nem'ro's palace itself, and gaining holodisc evidence of this, the agent succeeded in driving Nem'ro to the Imperials. The Hutt soon contacted nearby Sith embassies, and Keeper expected to have him on the Empire's side within the month.
- "Be polite, Carnus. This bounty hunter has been sweeping the filth from my town's lovely streets."
- ―Suudaa Nem'ro to Carnus.
Nem'ro also eventually sponsored the protege of the late bounty hunter Braden after the protege assisted the Hutt with his business, killing several targets, and finally killing the Trandoshan hunter Rarsk in Fa'athra's Palace, acquiring the sponsorship token Nem'ro had given him. Nem'ro's sponsored hunter would go on to win the competition.
It was later revealed that Nem'ro was infected with a seemingly incurable disease, which was eventually cured by Doctor Archiban Kimble. Despite the docter's hardwork, Nem'ro would then be killed by Skadge, the Houk having escaped Belsavis and eventually tracked him down, ending the Hutt's life.
Behind the scenesEdit
Interestingly, on Nem'ro's biography page on the official website, there are several phrases in Aurebesh. When translated, they read "Supports Hutt Cartel Neutrality," "Houk and Rattataki Bodyguards," and "Betrayed Skadge."
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Video Documentary #3 on SWTOR.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Archiban Kimble: "So Near, Yet So Far"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "Looking for a Cure"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "Gang Warfare" on Hutta
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 SW:TOR Biography