The swamp troopers of the 224th Imperial Armored Division fought on the swamp planet of Mimban during the Mimban campaign, which saw the Empire do battle with forces of the Mimbanese Liberation Army for control of the planet and its vital resources. Han Solo served as a swamp trooper before deserting with the Wookiee Chewbacca to join Tobias Beckett's gang.
Organization and equipment
Swamp troopers were a type of Imperial Army soldier that existed outside the Stormtrooper Corps. Standard troopers were denoted by a red bicep band. Medics fought alongside standard swamp troopers, and they could be identified by a white bicep band on their right arm.
Swamp troopers were equipped with helmets similar to those of Imperial officers' battle armor. Due to the often hazardous nature of the various worlds the Empire found itself subjugating, troopers wore goggles for eye protection and oxygen masks to filter out potentially deadly substances. Swamp troopers wielded E-10 blaster rifles, E-11 blaster rifles, E-22 blaster rifles and EC-17 hold-out blasters.
Behind the scenes
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Card: Mudtrooper)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Imperial swamp trooper)
- Entertainment Weekly's The Ultimate Guide to Han Solo
- (Picture only)