- "He is a pig! He is a savage! Do not believe a word he says."
- ―King Frane
Swines, also called pigs, were quadrupedal mammals. They main physical characteristics, including their blunt-ended nose, large size, and hooves, were archetypal of porcine species. To compare a person to a pig was an insult, at least amongst Rutanians and Calian Humans. The expression "pearls before swine" referred to giving things of value to those who would not understand or appreciate it. In addition, some sentient species such as the Ugnaughts and Gamorreans had physical similarities to pigs, namely the snout and, to a lesser extent, their vocal language. In the latter case, their similarities were to such an extent that Gamorrean guards have even been called pig guards due to the resemblance.
- Jedi Apprentice: The Shattered Peace (Mentioned only) (As "pig")
- Angry Birds Star Wars (Non-canonical appearance) (As "pig")
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine (Mentioned only) (As "pig")
- Star Wars 54: Starfire Rising (First mentioned) (As "swine")
- "The Quality of Mercy"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (As "pig")
- Dark Force Rising (Mentioned only) (As "swine")