A swoop, or swoop bike, was a type of repulsorlift vehicle designed for speed. In essence, it was a more dangerous version of a speeder bike that both its enthusiasts and its detractors described as an "engine with a seat." Although more powerful than speeder bikes, swoops were crude and lacked finesse. They were hard to control, requiring instinct, strength, and timing.
Swoop races were popular on many planets across the galaxy and were loved for their excitement and outlaw image. The Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker used a swoop owned by Owen Lars while searching for his mother, Shmi Skywalker Lars, on the planet Tatooine. The criminal Ohnaka Gang used swoops to patrol near their base on the planet Florrum.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 38 (Secrets of Spaceflight: Repulsorlifts)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 11 (Highlights of the Saga: Anakin's Tragedy)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- The Art of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One