- "And no one else has a T-14 hyperdrive. I promise you that."
- ―Watto, to Qui-Gon Jinn
T-14 hyperdrive generators were high-performance engines manufactured by, and used in, starships designed by Nubian Design Collective, such as the J-type 327 Nubian starship, in making the jump into hyperspace. A T-14 generator was used in the Naboo Royal Starship, as internally it was a modified J-type 327 Nubian, that served as the vessel of Queen Padmé Amidala on Naboo. After escaping from Naboo during the Trade Federation's occupation of the planet, the ship landed on Tatooine to repair its hyperdrive generator. Watto, a Toydarian junk dealer, sold a T-14 in his shop, which Qui-Gon Jinn later won in a podracing bet.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Queen's Peril (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition